One of many most important causes to purchase the Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic is the LED flashlight constructed into the case. Vivid sufficient to light up your operating or biking path at useless of night time, this devoted flashlight is far more handy than the outdated “flashlight mode” that simply cranks up the brightness of your show to most.
Whether or not you have simply purchased your self a Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic or are contemplating shopping for one, we’ll present you tips on how to use the Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight and alter the settings so that you get essentially the most out of it.
How you can use the Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight
1. Maintain down the top-left CTRL button till the Settings menu seems.
2. Use the up and down buttons to scroll by way of your choices till you discover the Torch choice (it has a flashlight icon). Faucet the top-right GPS button (or choose button) to open it.
3. Scroll up and down to pick out considered one of 4 white LED depth settings or the pink LED flashlight. Faucet the choose button to show the flashlight on.
At this level, turning on the Intuition 2X flashlight is easy: double-tap the CTRL button. It is going to activate with the identical shade or depth you final chosen. Then double-tap the top-left button once more to show the flashlight off.
How you can use Strobe flashlight settings
1. Return to the Management Settings (maintain down the top-left button) and scroll down from Torch to seek out the Strobe menu (it has a flashing mild icon).
2. Scroll by way of your mode choices: Blitz (three fast flashlight lights in succession), Beacon (semi-quick alternating between on and off), Pulse (vibrant mild slowly fades to nothing), Blink (alternates between on and off at barely longer intervals than Beacon), or Customized (extra on that beneath).
3. Faucet the GPS choose button to show the Strobe mild on and off.
Observe that, not like the usual flashlight setting, your Strobe setting will not be saved should you double-tap the CTRL button to show it on and off. You may have to return to the Strobe settings web page to show it again on.
Let’s deal with Customized mode. To make use of it, choose Customized to drag up your three customizable choices: sample, velocity, and shade.
4. Click on the down (ABC) button to enter edit mode.
5. Use the choose (GPS) button to change between choices for every parameter, then the down button once more to maneuver to the subsequent choice.
6. Once you’re executed customizing, hit the again (Set) button to return to the Customized display, then the choose (GPS) button to show it on.
How you can make the Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight match your cadence throughout an exercise
At any time throughout a tracked exercise, you possibly can observe the steps above to show in your flashlight and both brighten your path or give a visible warning to passersby that you simply’re there. However should you often work out at night time and need your flashlight to return on by default throughout an exercise, you possibly can set that up fairly simply.
1. Maintain down the middle-left Menu button.
2. Scroll all the way down to Settings > Actions & Apps.
3. Select an exercise (like Run) that you simply wish to allow the flashlight Strobe for, and choose it.
4. Choose Run Settings (or [Activity] Settings).
5. Scroll down and choose Strobe.
6. Underneath Standing, select After Sundown (or On should you want).
7. Underneath Mode, it must be set to Cadence. You may depart it as is or choose it and alter to a different mode like Blink or Pulse.
By enabling this, you make sure that the Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight will (in idea) match the actions of your physique when it lights up or shuts off. I discovered this mode slightly inconsistent in observe, however it is best to take a look at it for your self and see should you prefer it.
Now most of the Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight methods! Within the system handbook, Garmin claims you could “show your emergency contact info and program the flashlight to flash in a misery sample” should you “maintain MENU, choose Misery Sample, and press GPS,” however I did not see this selection even after ensuring to arrange an emergency contact within the Garmin Join app. Maybe it is one thing Garmin plans so as to add sooner or later.
No doubt, the Intuition 2X Photo voltaic belongs on the listing of the greatest Garmin watches of the yr, due to its flashlight and the highly effective photo voltaic panel for gaining again juice throughout the day on your nightly runs.
The Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic has an unimaginable battery capability in regular use, however the flashlight does drain that battery pretty shortly should you’re not cautious. Preserve that in thoughts once you select which flashlight depth or strobe choice to make use of, or should you allow Cadence mode along with multi-band GPS monitoring. Our information on Garmin watch battery issues might offer you different tips about tips on how to make the watch last more.
A rugged design, improved software program, ridiculously good battery life and photo voltaic recharge, and the helpful new flashlight make the 2X among the best health watches of the yr.