Google Search Advocate Daniel Waisberg not too long ago introduced an in-depth video on bulk information exports, a function that lets you export, retailer, and analyze Search Console information.
This novel resolution surpasses capabilities and makes managing huge information volumes a breeze.
Right here’s how.
An Overview of Present Information-Exporting Options
Earlier than introducing the majority information export function, Waisberg recapped the present strategies to export Search Console information.
Essentially the most accessible approach is thru the consumer interface. You’ll be able to immediately export as much as 1,000 rows of knowledge with a easy click on on the export button.
Looker Studio and the API present options for folks requiring bigger information volumes. Each channels permit you to retrieve efficiency information, URL inspection information, sitemaps, and web site information, with an export restrict of as much as 50,000 rows.
Introducing Bulk Information Export
The ultimate and most superior methodology to export information from Search Console is bulk information export.
This distinctive function allows you to extract huge quantities of knowledge by way of Google BigQuery with out row limits. That is useful for giant web sites with quite a few pages or intensive visitors.
Waisberg states, “A bulk information export is a scheduled every day export of your Search Console efficiency information. It consists of all the info utilized by Search Console to generate efficiency studies. Information is exported to Google BigQuery, the place you’ll be able to run SQL queries for superior information evaluation and even export it to a different system.”
Setting Up Bulk Information Export
Given its complexity and energy, Bulk Information Export requires present data of the Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, and Search Console.
Remember that leveraging this instrument would possibly incur prices, so it’s essential to contemplate the potential fees earlier than establishing a brand new export.
Establishing a bulk information export includes Google Cloud and Search Console.
Step One: Google Cloud
First, change to the related mission in Google Cloud and make sure the BigQuery API is enabled.
- Open your Google Cloud Console and change to the mission you’re exporting information to.
- Navigate to APIs & Providers > Enabled APIs & Providers, and allow BigQuery API if it isn’t.
- Navigate to IAM and Admin, click on + GRANT ACCESS, and paste email@example.com in New Principals.
- Grant two roles to this account: BigQuery Job Person and BigQuery Information Editor, then Save.
Step Two: Search Console
In Search Console, full the next steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Bulk information export.
- Enter your Google Cloud mission ID into the Cloud mission ID subject.
- Select a dataset identify. The default is ‘searchconsole’.
- Choose a location on your dataset. This could’t be simply modified later.
- Click on Proceed to start out the exports. The primary export will occur as much as 48 hours after profitable configuration.
- After desk creation, set a partition expiration if wanted however keep away from schema alterations.
- For historic information previous the preliminary setup, use Search Console API or studies.
Monitoring & Managing Information Exports
The brand new information export system has a built-in function that permits you to monitor information exports utilizing BigQuery. For instance, you’ll be able to observe exports utilizing an export log desk.
Word that information will accumulate indefinitely except you set an expiration time. The export course of will proceed till manually deactivated or if Search Console faces points.
In case of any errors, Search Console will notify all property homeowners.
In conclusion, the majority information export function can improve the way you handle massive quantities of Search Console information.
Keep tuned for upcoming content material from Google that can delve deeper into processing information after establishing export and greatest practices for extracting information from BigQuery.
Featured picture generated by the creator utilizing Midjourney.