Google has launched Android 14 Beta 2.1 to kill off among the bugs which were impacting customers. Someday subsequent month we count on Android 14 Beta 3 to be launched and at the moment the software program is predicted to be at platform stability. This doesn’t suggest that it’s 100% secure to put in the beta and it’ll nonetheless be unstable. Nonetheless, it does imply that developer APIs and app-facing behaviors are ultimate and people who do not thoughts taking some dangers will get an early shot at utilizing Android 14. The ultimate steady model of Android 14 ought to be out there in August.
The Android 14 Beta 2.1 replace may be downloaded by going to Settings > System > System replace. Comply with the instructions. Now in case your Pixel is subscribed to the QPR3 Beta program, the next is vital. If you happen to examine for a software program replace it would say that one is prepared however you need to intently look at what the replace says. It’s Android 14 Beta 2.1. When you have no intention of becoming a member of the Android 14 Beta in the meanwhile, don’t faucet the button to put in it or else you’ll find your self within the minefield that’s the Android 14 Beta program.
Purchase the Google Pixel 7a now!
If you’re operating the QPR3 Beta program, ignoring the Android 14 Beta 2.1 replace will can help you obtain the subsequent QPR3 Beta replace. On June fifth, we may see the final and ultimate model of Android 13 QPR3 launched (aka the Quarterly June Pixel replace), and subscribers to that beta will be capable to exit with none penalty as soon as they’ve put in the steady model of the replace on their telephones.
If you happen to’re on the QPR3 Beta, do not by chance set up at this time’s Android 14 Beta 2.1 replace
Android 14 Beta 2.1 fixes the next points:
- Mounted extra points that might trigger the battery proportion to show as 0% whatever the precise cost stage of the system. (Challenge #281890661)
- Mounted points that typically triggered audio disruptions with the system’s audio system. (Challenge #282020333, Challenge #281926462, Challenge #282558809)
- Mounted system stability points that might trigger apps or the system to freeze or crash. (Challenge #281108515)
- Mounted a difficulty with always-on-display mode when utilizing a tool with Android Auto. (Challenge #282184174)
- Mounted a difficulty that typically triggered the Google Photographs app to crash when attempting to open sure images.
- Mounted a difficulty the place, whereas gesture navigation was enabled for a tool, placing a video into picture-in-picture mode within the Google TV app made the picture-in-picture window disappear, despite the fact that playback continued and audio may nonetheless be heard.
- Mounted a difficulty that triggered the Google Contacts app to crash when managing account settings.
- Mounted a difficulty the place the icon for the Google Messages app didn’t show for notifications when always-on-display mode was enabled.
Android 14 Beta 2.1 is on the market for the Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Professional, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Professional.