Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves by making access to the skies seamless. We were the first company globally to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract, and since then, we’ve expanded globally, moving the needle on how healthcare is delivered for millions of people across the world.
Now we’re aiming higher by deploying the newest infrastructure layer for society, one that will catalyse the next giant leap in how essential supplies and services are delivered; integrated drone logistics.
Whether it’s medical transport, environmental monitoring, search and rescue, mapping, disaster response, or general transport, you can trust us to deliver. Everyone has the right to benefit from new technology, and at Swoop Aero we’re excited because integrated drone logistics can be deployed equitably in low, middle, and high-income countries alike.
Our core goal as a company is to provide an integrated logistics service to 100m people by the end of 2025, then scale it to 1b by 2030.
About the Opportunity:
Flight Operations Support will work across the business to review, analyse and action flight logs to determine solutions for hardware & software issues. You will prioritise incoming logs and conduct a root cause analysis to rectify why the error occurred to provide feedback and key learnings to our engineering and operations team to ensure our best in class technology is operating safely. This role also has the opportunity to conduct both testing and validation of our aircraft in the field, this way you gain the holistic exposure to better understand the range of flight logs being submitted.
In the field, the Flight Operations Support role conducts test and validation flights of our 5th generation aircraft to ensure that all our technology is safe, and reliable and ready to support our global operations. This may include conducting pre-flight inspections and launching aircraft and performing tests on system updates, both hardware and software, and collecting various types of data.
This position is based in port Melbourne and may require regional and interstate travel.
- Continuously improve our processes, safety protocols, our hardware and software, and make operations easier and more efficient
- Work within the Swoop Service Desk environment, review and action support tickets as required
- Review flight logs to determine solutions for technical issues
- Support Swoop Aero flight demonstrations with technical assistance and real-time maintenance support
- Conduct pre-flight checks, and general and safety maintenance
- Prepare and maintain take-off and landing areas, ensuring all regulatory guidelines are followed
- Contribute to flight readiness reviews, test safety reviews and other flight test admin activities
- Perform flight test engineering duties including test card preparation, test direction and other control room responsibilities
What you will bring to the role:
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience in engineering, aviation maintenance or related field
- Analytical approach, problem solving skills & high attention to detail
- Ability to work individually and in teams
- <25kg RePL or equivalent (such as Part 107 licence) preferable
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to make a real difference and increase access to health care for millions across the globe
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work-from-home/office setup
- A collaborative and fun start-up team with a recent capital raise
- Career propelling experience