For years now EVS and Cisco have been partnering collectively, pioneering revolutionary applied sciences that energy the infrastructure wanted for IP primarily based LIVE manufacturing, and accelerating the transfer from conventional SDI broadcast to IP broadcast across the globe. Transitioning to IP opens the door to new capabilities and affords the scalability, flexibility, and futureproofing wanted for media workflow operations.
Final yr, at NAB (Nationwide Affiliation of Broadcasters) 2022, we launched Cisco’s Nexus Dashboard Cloth Controller (NDFC), previously Cisco Information Heart Community Supervisor (DCNM), as a brand new technique to handle IP primarily based Media Materials. Cisco NDFC is a complete SDN answer that permits the provisioning and administration of community infrastructure throughout a number of areas at scale.
EVS Cerebrum is a well-established broadcast management system utilized by a few of the world’s largest broadcasters to handle advanced reside productions and media workflows.
The mixing of EVS Cerebrum and Cisco NDFC not solely simplifies administration of IP-based manufacturing workflows and community infrastructure for media, but in addition gives deep visibility and monitoring capabilities enabling operators to simply establish and troubleshoot points successfully.
Cisco NDFC runs as a service on prime of the Nexus Dashboard (ND) cluster that may be both a bodily or digital equipment and gives simplified and enhanced end-end cloth automation capabilities in addition to monitoring and visibility for Cisco IP Cloth for Media (IPFM) deployments. Cisco NDFC embraces an entire Kubernetes-based micro-services structure making it simple to horizontally scale and construct giant materials that assist enhance efficiency and reliability. It additionally helps an active-active HA mannequin with layer2 and layer3 reachability for 3-node clusters and gives a uniform and enhanced consumer expertise all through its modernized, color-coded UI and dashboards.
Key highlights of Cisco IPFM answer with NDFC
- Straightforward Cloth builder – Helps pre–configured coverage templates that observe trade’s finest practices, to construct your Cisco IPFM underlay and Non–Blocking Multicast (NBM) community in minutes. This considerably reduces the time to provision a Cisco IPFM community. This additionally ensures the community is all the time compliant with the configuration primarily based on the consumer’s intent.
- Function Based mostly Entry Management – Permits the project of various roles to completely different customers, per cloth, for a granular coverage deployment.
- Multi-Tenancy – Lets you logically isolate clients or consolidate a number of NBM energetic and passive (bandwidth conscious NBM) workflows on the identical cloth with VRF assist.
- Multicast NAT – Cisco NDFC permits step-by-step Multicast NAT configuration. It might probably assist configuration templates for Ingress and Egress Multicast NAT, Unicast to Multicast and Multicast to Unicast translations. Along with configuration, Cisco NDFC gives full visibility of pre- and post- NAT flows, in each tabular and topology views.
- PTP Monitoring with modernized views – Together with PTP visibility in a tabular view, Cisco NDFC gives a color-coded topology view of the PTP knowledge that features port standing and grand chief clock standing.
What’s New for Cisco IPFM with NDFC 12.1(2)
- Elevated Swap Scale Assist for Cisco IPFM materials – From Launch 12.1(2), you may uncover and handle as much as 120 switches in your Cisco IPFM cloth, with capabilities to watch PTP and RTP circulation monitoring at this scale.
- Co-existence of IPFM and Traditional LAN primarily based materials – Customers can now handle their Cisco knowledge middle deployment with Traditional LAN templates and Cisco IPFM deployment with IPFM templates utilizing the identical occasion of Cisco NDFC.
- 3-tier structure for Cisco IPFM materials with NBM – Along with conventional backbone leaf templates that Cisco NDFC was managing for IPFM deployments, we’ve got added assist for 3-tier Cisco IPFM structure. Customers can provision and handle a sub-leaf related to an present leaf within the Cisco IPFM cloth, permitting materials to scale comfortable with out the necessity to redesign present deployments.
For extra particulars, take a look at the “What’s New in Cisco NDFC Launch 12.1.2e video”
EVS Cerebrum and Cisco NDFC Integration Highlights
- EVS efficiently migrated from Cisco DCNM to Cisco NDFC utilizing simplified backup restore migration workflow and Cisco NDFC Relaxation-API’s.
- EVS is leveraging NBM energetic mode and NBM host and circulation insurance policies to handle dynamic bandwidth allocation for audio, video, and ancillary flows. This integration gives tighter management of the multicast streams as they steer intent and insurance policies from Cerebrum.
- Offloading the administration of the community to Cisco NDFC permits EVS to increase assist for versatile, scaled, and distributed IP-based architectures with ease.
- EVS is supporting connectivity to each RED and BLUE NDFC for Excessive Availability (2022-7) designs, deployed in 24/7 services.
- EVS is at the moment within the strategy of integrating Multicast NAT capabilities with Cisco NDFC.
EVS Cerebrum Capabilities
Along with its superior automation capabilities to handle a variety of broadcast operations, Cerebrum is “stream agnostic,” that means it may well assist ST-2110 environments in addition to transport streams, akin to Dante and different IP flows.
Cerebrum assist for NMOS requirements ensures interoperability between completely different IP-based units and methods and simplifies integration of NMOS-compliant units into present infrastructure together with native non-NMOS units. This streamlines broadcasters’ migration expertise via gradual transfer to IP. Try their various assortment of drivers right here.
Because the system is extremely customizable, it may well create customized consumer roles and permissions to satisfy the precise wants of every broadcaster, whether or not consumer interfaces for bodily purchasers or net interfaces for distant purchasers.
Meet with us at NAB Present 2023
As the printed and media trade continues to evolve, bringing collectively two highly effective instruments for managing IP-based LIVE manufacturing, EVS Cerebrum and Cisco’s NDFC, is a significant step in enabling broadcasters and media firms to ship high-quality content material effectively and successfully.
To be taught extra about these options and see extra Sports activities, Media, and Leisure Options from Cisco, go to us at NAB Present 2023 April 15-19 on the Las Vegas Conference Heart within the West Corridor, sales space #W3742.
We’d love to listen to what you assume. Ask a Query, Remark Under, and Keep Linked with #CiscoPartners on social!